Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March Madness


March Madness is over and we are down to the final four college teams that will via for the NCAA College Basketball Championship.   Being a North Carolina girl I will root for my home team the University of North Carolina Tar Heels.   I will be planted in from of the TV Saturday evening watching the four teams as play for the final spot on Monday night.  Growing up in N.C. we had four great college basketball teams.   Duke, Wake Forest, NC State and UNC were always top teams in the finals over the years.   I think it would be really cool if South Carolina and North Carolina play each other for the championship. 















I used a huge UNC scarf over a tablecloth.   The wine charms are made out of earrings.
























I painted the long platter using sharpies and baked.   The basketball court is made out of Popsicle sticks and glued down to poster board then lined off like a ball court.  The large court was made out of shelf liner and poster board.   


The stack. 

Cookies I made last year for the Final Four. 

Final Four dinner last year. 





GO HEELS! 

Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 
Dishing It & Digging It Link Party #141 - Life and Linda
Inspire Me Monday Week #273- Create with Joy
Amaze Me Monday #207 - Dwellings - The Heart of Your Home
Make it Pretty Monday #211 - The Dedicated House
Celebrate Your Story #70 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
The Scoop #268 -Confessions of a Plate Addict
Wow Us Wednesday #319 -Savvy Southern Style
Talk of the Town #65 - Sadie Seasongoods
445th Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things - Katherines Corner
Home & Garden Thursday #67 - A Delightsome Life
Vintage Charm #76 - The Blue Willow House
Home Sweet Home #316 - The Charm of Home
Grace at Home #243 - Imparting Grace
41st Edition TADA! Thursdays - Chatham Hill on the Lake
Foodie Friday & Everything Else - Rattlebridge Farm
Home Matters Link Party #129 - Life with Lorelai
Share Your Style Link Party #111 - 21 Rosemary Lane


10 comments:

  1. Love your Carolina table! I am a Tarheel fan as welll - hope they can win this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene! Me too! Watching the game now! GO HEELS!

      Delete
  2. Although I'm not a basketball fan, I have a soft spot for the Tarheels since my Dad got his undergrad degree there, after he came home from WWII. I got a little nostalgic, remembering him teaching me their fight song. Carolina blue was always his favorite color. Your table is amazing! Where did you find the plates with the NC emblem? All the details of our tablescape are wonderfully done. Thanks, and I sure hope the Tarheels win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I'm sure your Dad enjoyed his time at Chapel Hill. It's a great school. The emblem is a printed decal. I'm going to search for more Carolina themed items when I'm home in June. Carolina has made it the last two years to the final four. Go Heels!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must entertain weekly! I love getting to peek inside your home each week to see what party it will be. Such great ideas with the courts. I am not a basketball fan but I can totally appreciate a great party. Would love to know how you made the cookies last year. Thank you for posting at TADA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie. It's just me and my dog Cooper, but I enjoy styling a new table every week. I used a basic sugar cookie recipe I found online and my little Tar Heel foot cookie cutter. I ran out of time to make a batch this year.

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous Table and a die hard Tar Heels fan! Good luck this year! Thanks for sharing on #HomeMattersParty
    Jeannee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannee and thanks for hosting the Home Matters Party.

      Delete