Monday, June 19, 2017

Flamingo in to Summer

The first day of Summer is this Wednesday.   If you are a fan of Lilly Pulitzer you know it is also National Wear your Lilly Day.   Lilly was a fan of flamingos and so am I.   The Chin Chin Lilly print was the inspiration for the table.   




I found the cute flamingo salad plates at the Orchard Supply Hardware in Deerfield Beach, FL. 

The large flamingos are also from Orchard Supply Hardware.  I'm always amazed at the unique items they offer.  








The flamingo salt and pepper shakers are from Cracker Barrel last Summer.   The flamingo dipping bowls at Home Goods.   They are part of the Cynthia Rowley Collection .   The flamingo wine glasses were found at Marshalls this year.  



The stack starts with a fabric covered charger plate.  The pink dinner plate is from Home Goods.   The flamingo salad plates are from Orchard Supply Hardware and were purchased this past week. 


The pink peonies are from Trader Joe's.  I wish they would grow in South Florida.   My Grandmother Smith had many bushes at her home in North Carolina.   Their scent is amazing.  

The tablecloth started out as a full size sheet from the Country Living Collection.   Last Summer the discontinued sheet sets were sent to a close out store and all the Lilly fans were searching high and low for the sets.   The Ollie's chain store that had the sheets is not located in Florida so I thought I would be out of luck scoring a set.    My cousin that lives in South Carolina found a set at the Ollie's located near her home and shipped them my way.  I was so thankful she took the time out of her busy day to search for the sheets.   I knew they would never see the bed, but would be a tablecloth and pillows.  The pattern is called Chin Chin.  

I used green and pink polka dot fabric charger plates covers. 


Overhead view of the table. 

Up close view of the Chin Chin pattern by Lilly Pulitzer. 

I found these cute drink markers at Target.  

The flamingo flag was also found at Orchard Supply Hardware this past weekend.  


Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 
Make It Pretty Monday #217 - The Dedicated House
Creative Mondays Blog Hop - Claire Justine
Amaze Me Monday #219 - Dwellings- The Heart of Your Home
Inspire Me Monday - Week #285 - Create with Joy
Dishing It & Digging It Link Party #153 - Life and Linda
The Scoop #271 - Stone Gable
Celebrate Your Story #82 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
457th Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things- Katherines Corner
Home & Garden Thursday - A Delightsome Life
Vintage Charm #88 - Blue Willow House
Home Sweet Home #328 - The Charm of Home
Grace at Home #255 - Imparting Grace
Wow us Wednesday#341 - Savvy Southern Style
Creative Inspirations Linky Party & Features-Embracing Change
Foodie Friday and Everything Else - Rattlebridge Farm
Share Your Style Link Party #123 - 21 Rosemary Lane
Home Matters Linky Party #141 - Life with Lorelai
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday - How Sweet the Sound

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty table, those flamingos are giving off such a fun vibe. They'd definitely make me smile all through dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. I giggled when I sat down for breakfast this morning. I have a feeling I will be using these several times during the Summer.

      Delete
  2. Such cuteness Catherine. I am also planning a flamingo tablescape. Still working on the details. Love this theme and the fun colors. That store has amazing things. You truly have captured flamingo fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I look forward to seeing your table. They are always fabulous! Orchard Supply is one Cali change I'm happy opened in South Florida. Now if we could only talk In & Out Burger to opening a place here it would be perfect.

      Delete
  3. I love this table! Flamingos are such fun, and since my 5-year-old granddaughter really likes them I'm looking for ways to use them. I plan to do a "flamingo" themed table later this summer, too. I love the green/pink dot charger covers and the Lily tablecloth. Just fun, all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I will be using these flamingos again throughout the Summer. I cannot wait to see your table. I'm sure your granddaughter will be very excited too.

      Delete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS TABLE AND I LOVE ME SOME FLAMINGOS. And the tablecloth is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy. Those Lilly sheets were a great find.

      Delete
  5. If I lived in Florida, I'd have flamingos dancing on my table! And in my daylily beds! It's nice to be reminded that tablescaping is such fun.
    Sandra @ Dinner at Eight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra. I wish I could find a few real ones down here and bring them home. Tablescaping is so much fun. It keeps me out of trouble...;)

      Delete
  6. So so cute! Such fun for summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since my daughter moved to Florida we have both fell in love with flamingos. I love your tablescape. You always pay so much attention to details. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete