Thursday, July 20, 2017

Berries & Blossoms

Berries & Blossoms is the table theme this week.  MacKenzie-Childs introduced this new line for the Summer.   I fell in love with these plates immediately.   I knew they would pair perfect with the ceramic cake plate and dome handmade by my Mother many years ago.   She loved decorating with strawberries and used them in her kitchen decor.   She also hand painted many items with the berries which I'm so fortunate to have.  


Berries & Blossoms 


Berries & Blossoms place setting.  The MacKenzie-Childs Berries & Blossoms dinner plates are currently on back order on their website. I purchased mine at Nieman Marcus and they are currently in stock.












My Mother made this beautiful strawberry shortcake cake plate and dome years ago.  She made so many beautiful ceramic pieces back in the early 80's.  She was an excellent cake baker and she used this many times to protect those delicious cakes. 

I found these MacKenzie-Childs place cards on Pinterest.  I copied the picture and pasted it on to a word document in order to put in our names and print.  

I wrapped silver napkin rings with some black and white checked ribbon I had in my ribbon stash. 

I found the MacKenzie-Childs owl wine stopper in a consignment store a few months ago for $2.00.  Great find! 

My Mother also painted this cheese plate.  The date on is 1978.  


The cheese plate with dome and a decorative spoon she hand painted that hung in her kitchen. 



The layers.  I searched high and low locally for a red and white picnic themed tablecloth, but no luck.    I ended up at Joanne's and purchased the fabric to make one.  I used red charger plates purchased from AC Moore a couple years ago then the Berries & Blossoms dinner plates.  I added some lime green wine glasses from my Dollar Tree wine glass collection. 


Catherine 

This post is linked to the following parties:
461st Tablescape Thursday- Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things - Katherines Corner
Home & Garden Thursday #83 - A Delightsome Life
Vintage Charm #92 - Our Hopefull Home
Home Sweet Home #332 - The Charm of Home
Grace at Home #258 - Imparting Grace
Feathered Nest Friday - French Country Cottage
Wow Us Wednesday #345 - Savvy Southern Style
383rd Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life
Share Your Style Link Party #127 - 21 Rosemary Lane
Foodie Friday & Everything Else - Rattlebridge Farm
Home Matters Linky Party #145 - Life with Lorelai
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday - How Sweet the Sound
Saturday Sparks Link Party 229 - Pieced Pastimes
Dishing It & Digging It Link Party #158 - Life and LInda
Inspire Me Monday – Week 290 - Create with Joy
THE SCOOP #286 -Stone Gable
Make it Pretty Monday – Week 222 - The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday #224 - Dwellings- The Heart of Your Home
24/07/2017 Creative Mondays - Claire Justine
Celebrate Your Story! #87 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
Talk of the Town #82 - Sadie Seasongoods

19 comments:

  1. What a fun setting for Summer! Adore the cake plate and dome. Very pretty!! Stopping by from Feathered Nest Friday :) Hugs from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! My late Mother made that cake plate and dome many years ago. I cherish it now. Thanks for hosting Feathered Nest Friday. Have a lovely day down under!

      Delete
  2. The cake dome is precious, and I love MacKenzie-Childs. My husband and I have collected it since we married in the eighties! This is a lovely tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have admired it for a long time now. I'm going to purchase the Courtly Check dinner plates next. They are amazing and I know they will get lots of use in my tablescapes. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. What a colorful tablescape! Just love the MacKenzie Childs plates, and your cake plate is outrageously fab! My artist friend painted a MacKenzie Childs design on a customers floor. Search it though my blog, it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, table and floor. She loved the table so much she asked for the floor. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Pam. I'm heading over to your blog now to look for the table and floor. I know it's beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Your tablescape is absolutely lovely! So nice that you have items with your mom's artistic touch. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is a smashing tablescape! I love strawberries and love MacKenzie-Childs even more. These plates are indeed fun. I don't have them, but your table makes me think I need some. '-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! They are fun plates and I love MacKenzie-Childs too. I think you should go for it. NM has them in stock at the moment. I'm hoping to add the Courtly Check dinner plates to my massive plate collection very soon. Thank you for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  6. How cute are your MKC plates with that adorable cake plate! So perfect for summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun Catherine. I bought some plates as well and hope to create a tablescape. Cute tablecloth to go with those darling MKC plates. Always a pleasure to visit to see what you come up with. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda and I always look forward to you tablescapes. These are my first MKC plates. I hope to add the Courtly Check dinner plates very soon. I love MKC. Thanks for stopping by and hosting Dishing It & Digging It. :)

      Delete
  8. Very pretty table! Your mom was very talented too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous plates, and how neat that you have hand painted strawberry servers from your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole. I was looking around the house trying to decide on a centerpiece and the cake plate jumped out at me. It sits on a bakers rack in the dining area so I get to enjoy it year round. I think my late Mom would be so happy I'm using it even if it's not for cake storage. :)

      Delete