Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Winters Wonder

We finally have a bit of Winter here in South Florida this week.  The nightly temperatures have been in the low 40's over the last few days which is very refreshing.  We normally see the cooler temps in January so it's nice for to enjoy them in December.  The cooler air really puts you in the Christmas spirit.  If only we could see a few snowflakes all would be perfect. 

Winters Wonder tablescape. 









The Cascading Pearl Candle Rings are by Valerie Parr Hill  from QVC.  They are currently out of stock, but hopefully they will return next season.  I used a 7-3/4" Round Mirror with Faceted Glass Accents by Valerie Parr Hill  under the candle and ring. You can see a bit peeking out.   The 3D flameless candles are from the Lisa Robertson Collection.  

The gold antler candelabra was purchased at Pier One last year.  The faux birch LED tapers are from Pier One. 

My Mother made the ceramic Christmas tree in the early 80's. 

My Dad had a VW van years ago.  I found this one at Ballard Designs along with the little car on the left.   The red truck with Christmas tree was purchased last season from Hobby Lobby. 

The plaid napkins were found at Marshall's this year.   The gold antler napkin rings are from Pier One last season. 

The cardinal wine goblets are from Steinmart many years ago. 


I have wanted this beautiful Napoleon Bee flatware from Horchow for a long time.  Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch posted on her blog that it was on sale back in the Summer.  I  decided to treat myself and purchased a four place setting.  They arrived right before Hurricane Irma forced us to evacuate in early September.  I packed them in the car and carried the set with me for safe keeping.  It's funny how your brain works in a panic and you are deciding what is important. This flatware is beautiful !    


The reindeer place card holders are from Ballard Designs.  The place cards are a MacKenzie-Childs design. 


The server has a fresh fir and pine garland with a gold magnolia leaf garland from the Lisa Robertson Collection.  I added a set of 3 Graduated Glistening Trees by Valerie Parr Hill from QVC.  You have a choice of selecting a color-changing option or solid white.  They are beautiful and work on a timer.   The smaller set of 5 Illuminated Glitter Wax Trees by Valerie Parr Hill are also battery operated and work on a timer. The two snowmen are from my collection over the years. 

The 11" Shimmering Mirror Hurricane with Microlights by Valerie Parr Hill are from QVC.  Instead of using he microlights I inserted the realistic LED flame module from the Lisa Robertson Collection.  These modules are amazing.  They do not use batteries.  You charge them with a USB connector.   They are so pretty with the lights turned down. 


The plate stack. 

The plaid charger plates are from Michael's.   The charger plates and napkins are the same pattern.  

The black plates are from Dollar Tree. 

The embossed leaf pattern tan salad plate is from HomeGoods. 

The Winters Wonder salad plates are from Pier One.   They have the entire collection in stock this season and it's currently on sale.

Catherine 

This party is linked to the following parties:
Dishing It & Digging It Link Party #178 - Life & Linda
Amaze Me Monday #244 - Dwellings- The Heart of Your Home
Make it Pretty Monday – Week 235 - The Dedicated House
Creative Monday Blog Hop - Claire Justine
Inspire Me Monday – Week 310 - Create with Joy
Celebrate Your Story! #107 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
The Scoop #305 - Confessions of a Plate Addict
402nd Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesdays #366 - Savvy Southern Style
Home and Garden Thursday #303 - A Delightsome Life
VINTAGE CHARM PARTY #112 - Our Hopeful Home
Grace at Home No. 278 - Imparting Grace
481st Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things - Katherines Corner
Foodie Friday and Everything Else - Rattlebridge Farm
Share Your Style Link party #148 - 21 Rosemary Lane
Home Matters Linky Party #165 - Life with Lorelai
Pretty Pintastic Party No. 187 - Loveland Lodge
Saturday Sparks Link Party 250 - Pieced Pastimes
"Anything Goes" Pink Saturday - How Sweet the Sound

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, when I was a kid I longed for a white Christmas in NY, my hometown. Now I love warmer, crispy weather. I am going next month to Florida, I love it! Didn't go to NYC now cause I heard it is so very cold.
    Your Christmas table is gorgeous! I love the plates and your tartans. The centerpiece is wonderful too.
    The Bee flatware is real pretty, I love it.
    Thank you for dropping by by and for the kind comment. I will follow you now.
    Merry Christmas,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fabby. Our cooler weather has gone away here in So. FL. It's back to the normal hot and humid 80's this week. Hopefully it will be nice here when you visit next month. Have a Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  2. I am in love with that flatware....bees! We had two of those ceramic trees growing up, brings back memories:) Your table is gorgeous as is your entire collection. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen. I love my ceramic tree that my Mom made. She has a large one that she used when I was a child. I plan on finding it in the basement my next trip home to North Carolina and bringing it South to enjoy. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. I have the Napoleon bee flatware and love it too. I read your profile and my son lives in Ft. Lauderdale! He also is an interior designer:) Love this table too. I also have the plaid chargers from Michaels:)

    ReplyDelete