Thursday, February 8, 2018

Big Easy Party

Fat Tuesday is just a few days away and I'm ready for the big party.     I look forward to listening to zydeco music while having a nice dinner of crawfish gumbo and delicious king cake for dessert.   No, I will not be making the gumbo or cake. I will pick everything up at my local Publix.  I may even mix up one of those famous Pat O'Brien's Hurricanes, but only one since I have to work on Wednesday.   I have one of those souvenir glasses stored away from a visit to NOLA years ago.  I remember drinking several hurricanes that trip.   I also learned to make Bananas Foster at the Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter.  It's amazing the information the waiters will share with \if you inquire.    I enjoy making it at dinner parties.  Guest always enjoy a flaming dessert.  








I used 3 gold illuminated finials by Valerie in the centerpiece. I wrapped Mardi Gras boas around the finals along with a musical themed garland.  

I adore the colors of Mardi Gras!  

The finals illuminated at night are fabulous!   

I used a purple table cloth with green and gold napkins.  I took several strands of beads and wrapped around the napkins.  I inserted the baby Jesus figurine in each ring.    

I found the pretty kelly green goblets at a local thrift store a few years ago.   I used the  Gourmet Basics By Mikasa Halston gold-plated flatware

I used a different mask at each place setting. 



Overhead view of the table. 

Overhead view of the place setting. 

The plate stack started with a purple table cloth.  The plate rings were purchased from Wisteria a few years ago.   The dinner plates are the MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check pattern. The purple salad plates are from Z Gallerie several years ago.   I topped the stack with a Mardi Gras themed paper plate.

The server is decorated with a gold tinsel wreath adorned with beads,mask and jester cap.  I layered in beads, a musical garland and feathered boas on top of a gold lame scarf.  

I used two illuminated candle holder pedestals by Valerie  on each end of the server.   I placed a gold glittered leaf candle ring by Valerie on top each pedestal.   I wrapped gold, green and purple beads around the candle ring and base of each candle then added a mask.  The flameless candles are from the Lisa Robertson collection. 

I placed a crown on top of my cake plate.  I will add the king cake to this over the weekend. 

I've had the porcelain jester for a few years. It's very delicate and I'm so afraid I will break it. 



Laissez les bons temps rouler!

Catherine
489th Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Thursday's Favorite Things - Katherines Corner
Home & Garden Thursday #311- A Delightsome LIfe
Wow Us Wednesdays #374 - Savvy Southern Style
Dishing It & Diggint It #186 - Life and Linda
Celebrate Your Story! #114 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
Vintage Charm Party #119 - Our Hopeful Home
Home Sweet Home #357 - The Charm of Home
Grace at Home #385 - Imparting Grace
Share Your Style Like Party #156- 21 Rosemary Lane
410th Inspire Me Tuesday - A Stroll Thru Life
Home Matters Linky Party #170 - Life with Lorelai
Anything Goes Pink Saturday - How Sweet the Sound
Feathered Nest Friday - French Country Cottage
Pretty Pintastic Party #195 - Coffee With Us 3
Saturday Sparks Link Party 258 - Pieced Pastimes
Creative Mondays Blog Hop - Claire Justine
Inspire Me Monday #319 - Create with Joy
Amaze Me Monday #252-Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Make it Pretty Monday – Week 242 - The Dedicated House
The Scoop #313 - Confessions of a Plate Addict

15 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so awesome? Over the top Catherine. There a re so many wonderful elements to this table. you have collected such pretty Mardi Gras items. The rich colors are eye catching. The masks are fabulous. I could go on and on how lovely this is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda! This one sure has lots of beads all over the place. I have collected these items for several years. This is probably the first year I didn't add anything new to the mix, but I enjoy styling this one. :)

      Delete
  2. What a fun and festive table! I just don't have the energy to set up two tables so close together, so I'm going with Valentine's Day red and white for this month. But I will wear my beads on Tuesday! Enjoy your table and your Mardi Gras celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. The holidays are coming too fast and close to each other. I moved my Valentine's Day items to the butlers tray cocktail table and credenza in the living room. This way I will be able to enjoy it up until next Wednesday then pack it away. The Mardi Gras table will go down Wednesday. I will start styling the Winter Olympics table on Thursday. I have a few things to make for the Olympic tablescape. I'll keep it up until the closing games then the Oscar table will go up. I'm going to be very busy for the next couple of months, but I enjoy it. Have a great Valentine's Day and enjoy Fat Tuesday!

      Delete
    2. I'd love to do an Olympics table, too, but it isn't going to happen. I was in the hospital twice in January with pneumonia and am just back to working 8 hour days this week! (started with 4 hour days, then 6, etc.) By the time I get home I'm worn out, so I'm happy with one table a month right now. But I LOVE the Olympics so I look forward to seeing your table.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful table...so elegant and saturated with color!! Your whole dining rooms looks gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tess. The dining area is very bright and sparkly this week. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for feeding my Mardi Gras fever that I've acquired this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one with Mardi Gras fever! Thank you for stopping by for a visit!

      Delete
  5. Wowza, this is a fabulous Mardi Gras table! Love all the fun details, and the overhead shot is amazing!! You are ready for a very festive Fat Tuesday!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. I am sure you are ready to let the good times roll over your way too!

      Delete
  6. Stunning. Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this tablescape is absolutely fabulous! The purple and gold colors are beautiful together, and we all love a bit of glitter lol What a fun way to celebrate Mardi Gras! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm. xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathleen. This was a fun table to have my meals at this week. :)

      Delete