Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Celebrate America

It's time to celebrate our 242nd Independence Day.   I'm sure most of you will celebrate with outdoor barbecues, picnics and beautiful fireworks.   I will be celebrating  indoors here in South Florida at my festive table.  It's way too hot to fire up the charcoal grill and enjoy being outdoors this time of year.  My poor dog Cooper is so frightened by firecrackers and fireworks so I will spend the evening doing my best to keep him as calm as possible.    Enjoy your day with friends and family and try to stay cool. 


Fourth of July tablescape. 








I made the fireworks in the centerpiece a few years ago.  I painted poster board in a flag pattern then glued it over pool noodles.  I used a scrapbook punch to make the stars.  

The illuminated mercury glass star icons are from the Valerie Parr Hills collection at QVC.  


The linen coasters are from Sur la Table last year. 

The Uncle Sam place card holders are doggie toys that I found at PetSmart last year. 

The flag flatware is from Tuesday Morning last year.   The starburst napkin rings are from Pier1.  I used patriotic scarves as napkins. 

The wine charms are from Sur la Table. 

Overhead view of the table. 

The plate stack starts with royal blue textured chargers from Michael's.  The red striped dinner plates are from HomeGoods.  The blue and white salad plates are also from HomeGoods.  I topped each place setting with a patriotic hat and the napkin. 

The patriotic hat ornaments were found at Tuesday Morning this season. 

My favorite part of the tablescape this week is the Lemax camper.  My family had a similar looking camper when I was a child.  We spent many weekends using this camper at Myrtle Beach and especially during the week of July 4th.  

The illuminated patriotic house was a $5.00 thrift store find a few years ago.  I really enjoy it at night. 




The red vintage truck is also a part of the Lemax collection.  

The dogs and the little girl with the wagon are also a part of the collection and currently on sale at Michael's



I made a run to Michael's on July 4th to see if they had the Gazebo Park in stock.  It was in store and on sale today.  

They also had the watermelon figurines in stock. How cute is the yellow lab eating watermelon.   I have some in the refrigerator to enjoy later today.  

I really enjoy the house and camper at night with the lights turned low.  The tiny lights on the fence and edge of the house change colors. 

I made the red, white & blue rose candle rings.  I placed them on top of the cascading red beaded rings from Valerie Parr Hill. 

I added a star window cling to each candle. 

You may remember seeing this dummy cake on the Royal Wedding tablescape in May.  I am amazed how the icing has held up and it smells delicious.  

I used Sharpie's to paint the fireworks.  The Happy 4th of July topper is from Sur la Table. 

The wreath I made for my freshly painted front door. 

Happy Fourth of July!  

Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 

18 comments:

  1. What fun projects, and so festive for the holiday! Happy Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carole! Happy Independence Day to you too!

      Delete
  2. Catherine!!!!!
    OMG!! This is absolutely amazing!!! Love the tablescape and LOVE all your Patriotic decorations!! I shared this on my face book page!!
    Thanks so much for the inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! It's a fun tablescape and I just barely got it posted before the 4th.. Life gets too busy sometimes. Happy 4th to you and your family. :)

      Delete
  3. Another fun table! I love those red and white striped plates in that plate stack, and your camper and house on the sideboard (what a find that house was for $5!) are so very cute. Have a very happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy. I hope you have a happy 4th and try to stay cool. I know it's very hot up your way.

      Delete
  4. Another adorable tablescape Cathy and your sideboard scene is amazing. I love all the pieces of this set as it says Americana in bold red, white and blue. Love it.
    I too, sat with my little Jesse James on my lap for most of the evening to help him buffet the "storm" of fireworks. Even had to give him an anxiety pill which seems to be the norm this time of year. :(
    Kari@meandmycaptain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kari. I twas a miserable evening here for my doggie last night. Hopefully the neighbors used up most of their explosives and are not saving them for Friday and Saturday night.

      Delete
  5. Hi Catherine, such a fantastic table for the 4th. You certainly have some awesome patriotic decor. So glad you posted it. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. I barely made it in before the 4th. :)

      Delete
  6. Your indoor celebration is fantastic! From the brightly patriotically colored table to the amazing fireworks cake, I'd say your 4th of July is A+.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah. I love decorating for the 4th. :)

      Delete
  7. My goodness there are so many great details on your tablescape! Also loving the sideboard details. Love the camper is adorable and I love the gazebo. The cake is amazing- you really go all out!! It was so hot here on the 4th we ended up eating inside too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. I love Summer, but I am already wishing for cooler temps here in So. FL. I'm lucky that I live near the ocean and I have a bit of breeze at times, but if feels like a dryer blowing on me most of the time. Staying indoors until November. :)

      Delete
  8. WOW! What can I say??? It's a wonderful tribute to our country and the 4th of July! My favorites are the camper and the red truck, but it's all fabulous:) Hope you had a nice 4th (and your doggie did, too). Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathleen. I'm so happy I found the camper and other Lemax items at Michael's. They bring back so many happy childhood camping memories. We had a nice hot 4th celebrated indoors here in So. Florida. I hope you had a nice one also.

      Delete
  9. What a red white & blue bonanza! You really went all out, so so festive!!! I am crazy about your sideboard vignette, totally delightful!! Happy 4th Catherine!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna and Happy 4th to you too! I don't want to put it away today, but it must come down so the next one can go up. :)

      Delete