Wednesday, September 19, 2018

So Long Summer

Fall will be here in a few days, but it still feels like Summer here in South Florida.   The heat and humidity is still going strong and will remain until December.    I decided to bring out the flamingos to enjoy the last week of Summer.  Fall leaves, pinecones and pumpkins are just around the corner.  





I love the pretty flamingos I found at Orchard Garden Center last Summer.  I'm really sad they are closing.   They always had the neatest patio and garden decor. 

The beaded flamingo coaster are from HomeGoods. 

The pink faceted gem hurricanes are by Valerie Parr Hill. 


The wine markers are from Target. 

The flamingo wine glasses are from Marshalls. 

The flamingo napkin rings are from Cracker Barrel. 

Overhead view of the table. 

The tablecloth is from HomeGoods. 

The plate stack. 

I used three icy blue illuminated mercury glass candle holders from the Valerie Parr Hill collection on the server.   I added shells, glass floats and shells.  The beaded placemat is from TJ Maxx. 


The piece of coral on the left was gathered by my Dad in the late 60's on a deep sea fishing trip.  I remember him bringing it home and bleaching it.   It was on display for many years in our den.  I found it tucked away in his basement last year.  It is in need of another bleaching, but it's so fragile I'm afraid to do it. If anyone has any tips on how to take care of it I would greatly appreciate any advice. 






Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 


   

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenna. Whew, I thought I was going to run out of time to bust out the flamingos.

      Delete
  2. I love this! And my granddaughter would love it, too. She's been fascinated by flamingos since her first trip to the zoo. I've been looking for items to use on a flamingo-themed table, and you've given me great inspiration. Fall hasn't arrived in N. GA yet, either, and I'm frankly tired of summer, although it's been a fairly mild one here. But I know the hot weather will stay with you a little longer, so enjoy the flamingos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy. Flamingos are very popular these days. I'm looking forward to my visit to NC next month and hopefully enjoy some cooler temps and see some pretty Fall leaves.

      Delete
  3. So pretty Catherine, the flamingos are so cool on your tablescape. And of course I love anything Valerie ParrHill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari. I have so many new fabulous VPH items for Fall and Christmas. I picked up four new items yesterday.. UGH! My storage until looks like a Valerie Parr Hill warehouse. :)

      Delete