Tuesday, October 25, 2016

World Series Party 2016

The 2016 World Series starts tonight with two teams that have not played for the championship title in years.  The National League-champion Chicago Cubs, who haven't won a World Series since 1908 and haven't appeared in the Fall Classic since 1945, take on the American League-champion Cleveland Indians.  I'm a lifelong NY Yankees fan, but will be pulling for the Cubs to take home the pennant this year.   I am looking forward to sitting back and watched the games over the next few nights and enjoying some yummy baseball party food.   GO CUBS!  

Baseball party decor displayed on the living room credenza.

My Yanks didn't make it to the championship this year, but I'm still a huge fan and show my forever Yankee spirit.

Baseball themed decor.

I always enjoy snacking on Cracker Jack's, peanuts and a Baby Ruth while watching the game.




I painted the square plate with oil based Sharpie's to use as a serving plate.  
Party food!  Texas Pete chicken wings, mini chicken corn dogs, mini pizza's, potato salad. 






Baseball cupcake. 






 Enjoy the game!  

2 comments:

  1. Hello Catherine, your love for creating lovely tablescapes is amazing. Most people ask me, where do I store it all...LOL This table is lovely and so fitting. Love your little baseball cupcakes. How creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. I store small accessories in cardboard paper ream boxes that I collect at the office. Each box is labeled with each item and taped to the side of the box. I also write this information down in a notebook to use when I'm planning a tablescape. Since all are the same size I can stack boxes all the way to the ceiling and be able to see exactly what I'm looking for when decorating. Major holiday items are stored in 18 gallon Rubbermaid type totes and also labeled. I keep those items listed in a notebook and on my Google Drive. I also have a storage unit where I keep seasonal decor and it's easy to pull out at each holiday and decorate. The hardest thing is remember all the plates in my plate collection. Probably 400 or so from saucer size to dinner plates. I'm always on a constant search for something new and different. I store the plates in my linen closet, three bottom shelves in a bookcase in my hall way and of course the cabinet behind my table is full of plates. I really didn't realize how many I had until I had an unexpected move last year. Whew, that was a chore. I probably could use a 12 step program for my plate addiction...lol One of these days I'll do a blog on my storage system.

      Delete