Sunday, February 24, 2019

Academy Awards Tablescape

The 91st Academy Awards ceremony will be held tonight.  I mostly enjoy watching the red carpet arrivals and seeing all the beautiful gowns and jewelry.   I look forward to enjoying the table while having a nice dinner and a glass of my favorite bubbly. 

















Tuxedo napkin fold. 



Overhead view of the table. 

The plate stack starts with a gold tablecloth.  I used a black sheer piece of fabric with sequin stars over the tablecloth.  The mirrored chargers are from Tuesday Morning.  I used a red and white stripe dinner plate from HomeGoods then topped it with a gold star salad plate I've had for several years.  I placed the tuxedo napkin with bowtie on top of the salad plate. 






The ruby red illuminated mercury glass pedestals, candle rings and clear crystal hurricanes are from the Valerie Parr Hill collection. 


This post was featured on Celebrate Your Story #170- Me and My Captain 
Head over and check out Kari's beautiful blog. 



Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties:
Dishing It & Digging It Link Party #241 - Life and Linda
542nd Tablescape Thursday - Between Naps on the Porch
Celebrate Your Story #169 - Celebrate & Decorate with Chloe Crabtree
The Scoop #366 - Confessions of a Plate Addict

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful Table! I love the napkin folds, and the little director's chair is darling. As usual, your attention to details is amazing. Enjoy the evening! I watched some of the Red Carpet, I love to see the dresses, but I’m skipping the actual award show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy! It's always a fun table to style. I enjoyed the red carpet. The dresses were fabulous and Lady Gaga's canary diamond necklace was amazing! I cannot wait to find our more about that piece.

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful. I want to put on a gorgeous Dior gown to sit down and enjoy a awesome meal. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine. It would be fun to dress up in Dior and have dinner.

      Delete
  3. Holy wow Catherine! The tuxedo napkin folds are simply fabulous! And so many other fun elements from the director's chair, to the film reels and directors boards, gold stars and Oscar statues, so much fun!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. I have been collection Oscar table items for a few years now. I will be heading to NC in a month or so to clean out my Dad's basement. He has an old 8mm projector and reels and reels of family movies. I'm going to keep it to use as a prop on a movie theme tablescape when I move home to Carolina. That thing it too big to haul to South Florida.

      Delete
  4. Love your tablescape Catherine, and as you know we both have a lot of Valerie's pieces. You have done an amazing job. I chose your tablescape as one of my featured posts from last week, be sure to stop in at https://www.meandmycaptain.com/ about 8 p.m. (tonight when we go live) to see yours featured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Kari and thank you for the feature. We do share a love of Valerie's items. Too bad we do not live close to each other, we could share.

      Delete