Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Masters

I always enjoy styling the Masters table.   I haven't played a round of golf in over 20 years, but I enjoy watching the tournament.   The Master traditions have been with me for many years.  Years ago as a corporate pilot I flew our board members down to play at Augusta National Golf Club.  Sadly I was not able to make it over to the course.   In those days it was "men only" so my fellow pilot and I enjoyed the surrounding beauty of Augusta in the Springtime. As I post the blog there is a massive storm front moving across the South just West of Birmingham, AL heading East. Hopefully the weather holds off and they are able to play the final round as scheduled.












The golf bag in the centerpiece is actually a telephone.  I placed it inside a pink dogwood wreath and inserted a few golf balls.  


I had to have a little Lilly Pulitzer on the table.  




I added green shredded paper to my Grandmother's small antique vases and inserted golf balls as place cards. 

I painted the coffee mugs a couple years ago. 



Overhead view of the table. 

The plate stack. 

The stack starts with a green and white buffalo check tablecloth.  I made the fabric golf themed charger plates covers.  The yellow dinner plates are in store now at HomeGOods.  The green and white plates are from Sur la Table a few years ago.   The red and white salad plate are a thrift store find.   I added the Masters decal. 

The server. 


I used a couple golf clubs, my old golf glove, tees and golf balls on the server. 





Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun table! I lived in Augusta for four years and, although I never got to go inside the gates, I drove past the Masters course almost every day. I’ve never seen a table that captured the spirit of Masters week as well as yours does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joy! Augusta is a beautiful town. I really wish I could have visited the course during my time there, but it was members only. Maybe one day I'll make it to a tournament. It has to be very exciting.

      Delete
  2. Wow Catherine, you thought of everything! The Masters is big at my house, my husband's father was lucky enough to get on the ticket list, so we have tickets every year. My son and his friend went this year, but they came back Sunday morning because of work on Monday. I recorded the tournament for them, and it was a challenge to keep them from finding out the winner before they got a chance to watch! What an amazing finish! Back to your table, the golf bag is a phone??? Wow! and how creative to make Masters plates and glasses. I used to paint glassware for gift shops but never thought to paint Masters things! I had to be careful about copyright laws, but for private use their are no rules! I love your clever golf ball place cards! It's all so cute, creative and Masters perfect!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jenna. It's fabulous that you have tickets each year. Hopefully one of these days I will make it up to a tournament. We always fly clients up each year. Yes, the golf bag is a phone. I found it for $5.00 in a Boca thrift store. I'm always searching for golf themed and Masters items in the local thrift stores. It's amazing what people donate. You are so talented and I know you could create some fabulous Masters items for your own personal use. I normally stick the place card golf balls in a bowl of brown sugar, but I was out when I styled the table so I used green paper Easter grass. It worked. :)

    ReplyDelete