Saturday, April 20, 2019

Bunny Trail

The Easter table inspiration started with the little blue truck loaded with colorful Easter eggs.    Decorative trucks seem to be a very popular item in home decor these days.   I have a few red trucks that I use for Autumn and Christmas tables so I couldn't pass up this cute blue one.  A few weeks later I found the bunny trail dessert plates with a similar blue truck so the planning began.

Bunny Trail Easter tablescape. 







I used a cake pedestal in the center of the table and added the blue truck, pink cabbage roses and a ceramic bunny I made many years ago. 

I used cotton wreaths on the back of each chair.  The ornamental cabbage flowers and triple vase holder are from Southern With Grace.  


The little blue truck was found at T.J.Maxx. 


I used two napkins and  bunny rings from HomeGoods.  The print napkin is from Pier One and the pink gingham is from HomeGoods and in store now. 


I've had these Faberge inspired napkin rings for years.  

The flatware is by Mimi Premium Collection and is in store now at HomeGoods.   I fell in love with the soft pink and knew it would go perfect with the Easter table and many other pink themed tables to come. 


Overhead view of the Easter table. 

The plate stack starts with a soft yellow and white buffalo check table cloth found at HomeGoods.  I used a woven light blue placemat then a white dinner plate.  The blue and white buffalo check salad plates are next then a soft pink salad.  The top of the stack is the blue truck bunny trail dessert plates from HomeGoods. 


The small cabbage plates are from HomeGoods. 

I used  pink and light blue illuminated faceted glass hurricanes on the server.  The pussy willow candle rings and the pastel beaded egg candle rings.  All are from the Valerie Parr Hill Collection.  I placed a Lilly Pulitzer swaddle blanket from Pottery Barn around the hurricanes.  

I painted the little bunny on the top left.  My Mom made the bunny on the bottom left many years ago. 

I love this illuminated Easter house. 


The light blue egg was found at a Boca Raton thrift store several years ago.  I placed a strand of microlights inside to make it sparkle at night. 

I found the bunny sitting on an egg at HomeGoods.  It was solid white so I decided to add a little Chinoiserie design to it using Sharpies. 



Evening view of the Easter table. 

Wishing everyone a Blessed Easter! 

Catherine 

2 comments:

  1. Catherine, I love your tablescape....the little blue trucks are adorable. Your little bunny that you made is also the cutest. Great job! I love the Valerie ParHill touches...I hope you had a wonderful Easter Week end.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! What a great find those truck plates are, love them and the blue truck filled with eggs! Adorable Easter fun!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete