Sunday, May 12, 2019

Havana Cocktail for Mother's Day

If you have followed my blog for awhile you will know I'm a lover of all things Lilly Pulitzer.  A few weeks ago Lilly had a GWP (gift with purchase) promotion that included pretty plates in their Havana Cocktail print.  I knew they would be perfect for the pink and green Mother's Day table that was in the planning stages.  I also got busy painting pink buffalo check charger placemats to match with the print.   Sit back, enjoy a cocktail and have a Happy Mother's Day. 
Havana Cocktail place setting. 

Table view. 










I used a pagoda style lantern that I found at HomeGoods recently in the center of the table.  I added a green ivy candle ring. 



The searched for fresh peonies yesterday, but no luck.  I found these pretty peony double tulips at Trader Joe's. 


I used a light pink and white check napkin with a white ceramic napkin ring. 

The vintage pink glassware was made in East Germany.  I added Lilly Pulitzer wine charms to the base. 

Overhead view of the table. 

The plate stack starts with the white & pink buffalo check chargers I hand painted. I used a white ceramic charger plate, lime green dinner plate and topped it with the Lilly Pulitzer Havana Cocktail plates.   The compotes are from HomeGoods this week.   They come in green and pink.  I added fresh limes and lemons. 

I used the Cheek to Cheek print swaddle cloth from the latest Pottery Barn Lilly Pulitzer collaboration as my table cover. 

You can see the how I painted the placemats here.  Several companies offer them for purchase, but I didn't want to pay their price and decided to paint my own.  Probably saved myself around $90.00 as I only have $10.00 and my time in the ones I made. 



Havana Cocktail. 


I added fresh limes and lemons to the compote.   Lilly offered the appetizer picks as a GWP along with the plates.  I know I will enjoy using these for other tables and parties. 

The server. 


I used a table runner from the Valerie Parr Hill collection on the server.  

I made the stained glass tulip on the left years ago for my Grandmother.   The pink crystal hurricane pineapple and candle rings are from the Valerie Parr Hill Collection. 

The illuminated pineapple luminaries are also by Valerie. 

I found this platter at HomeGoods in the clearance sections week.  


Evening photos in low light.   





Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 

10 comments:

  1. Catherine, you are amazing! Love your Havana cocktail table. Those pineapples are lovely. So colorful and fun. You pulled out all of the stops. Happy Mother's Day Catherine. Thanks for sharing at Dishing It & Digging It.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Linda. It was a fun table to put together. It already feels like Summer here in South Florida so I'm bringing out the Lilly Pulitzer early. :)

      Delete
  2. Very fun Catherine, Lilly would be proud! Love the big pineapples and the double peony tulips! So colorful and full of summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenna. This one was a fun table to create. I'm ready for Summer here in So. Florida.

      Delete
  3. Wow, such a festive table! Love those buffalo check chargers. Do you have a tutorial on how to paint those? So blessed to have you with us at Homestyle Gathering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. I do have a picture tutorial and I will post it very soon. Thank for stopping by and for hosting Homestyle Gathering!

      Delete