Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Giddy Up!

This weekend is the 145th running of the Kentucky Derby.  I always enjoy selecting a favorite horse and watching the race.  I will also enjoy having a nice post race dinner at the derby table.   
Kentucky Derby place setting. 

I used a Breyer's horse and rider in the centerpiece. 





I used real pony horseshoes on top of each place setting.  My late Mom made the red ribbon roses on the mini straw hats.  





I used vintage stir sticks in the mint julep cups. 

I made the napkin rings using an old leather belt and snaffle bits. 

I need to update my place cards.   These were made a few years ago. 

Overhead view of the table. 

I used a red and white buffalo check tablecloth.  I made the plate charger covers (see below).  The dinner plate is by MacKenzie Childs.  I used a red rimmed china salad plate on top then added the pony horseshoe and a jockey silk. 

Fabric covered charger plate. 

Plate stack. 

The server. 

I used trophy tops inserted in to hay bales on the server. 


I added a riding helmet and crop to the server. 

I painted the serving dish and platter using Sharpie's. 


Enjoy the Derby!  

Catherine

This post is linked to the following parties: 


No comments:

Post a Comment