Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017

It's time to ring out the old and ring in the new!  The hats, confetti and noisemakers are ready to go.  My four legged child Cooper and I will spend the evening at home ringing in the New Year watching Anderson Cooper on CNN.   My Cooper is afraid of the neighbourhood fireworks and will most likely spend the evening hiding the bedroom.  CNN's Cooper is afraid of Kathy Griffin and poor guy has no safe place to hide for two hours!  We will enjoy some yummy appetizers and a bottle of Veuve Clicquot.  Coop's favorite is pigs in a blanket. (mine too)   Hopefully I can stay awake until the ball drops in New York City.  
New Year's Eve tablescape.



Place cards holders are made from old champagne corks.

I love the centerpiece at night.  I filled a tall glass cylinder with gold and silver ornaments along with battery operated lights.  The gold and silver orchids were purchased at Z Gallerie after Christmas last year. 

Evening low light table. 







I found the clock plates at Home Goods several months ago.  

The napkin rings are made with the leftover scrap book card stock. I added the clock hands this year cut out of card stock and connected with a brad. 



The stack layers start with gold metallic animal print fabric covered charger plates.   I made the dinner plates using clear plates and clock scrapbook paper a few years ago (information below).  The next plate is a black salad then the clock dessert plate. 

Four years ago Susan from Between Naps on the Porch posted a tutorial on her blog about plates she made for her New Year's table. I searched high and low for fabric, but no luck.  One day I was in Michael's and this jumped out at me in the scrap booking section.  It took one 12X12 sheet per plate and they were only .25 cents each plus the clear glass plate.  Very inexpensive test run and it worked. Here is the link to Susan's post.  Between Naps on the Porch Pottery Barn Clock Plates  


Ten, Nine, Eight.....

Happy New Year!  


Catherine

16 comments:

  1. Catherine, such a awesome table to welcome in the new year. I have those clock plates as well. A very elegant theme. Your attention to detail is lovely. Wonderful centerpiece to compliment the plates. May the new year bring you great happiness, good health and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! Wishing you a healthy & happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Love your festive new year's table. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table and I love how you added the animal print chargers. Those are stunning! Thanks for sharing this at the DI & DI Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's absolutely terrific, Catherine. I remember Susan's tutorial, and you did a great job. Happy to see Chloe feature your work! Happy New Year.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rita! Susan's tutorial was fabulous and it stayed in my mind until I could find the paper. I also have a goal of completing her homemade shell chargers before Summer. I have the shells, but no time. I think we all have that problem these days. I was so honoured and surprised to see the table feature on Chole's page this week. I'm a new blogger so it really put a huge smile on my face. Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. As usual, a gorgeous table! Love those clock plates and your scrapbook paper is the perfect choice to go with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! They clock plates were fun to make. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescapes are always amazing. Love the little clock plates. Thank you so much for sharing at Vintage Charm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This table turned out amazing, Catherine! I love the plates and all the layers of clock charm...

    ciao xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Fabiana. I didn't want to put this one away, but it was time for a change. :)

      Delete