Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Giving Thanks

I cannot believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving!   Where did 2018 go?    I normally make a turkey with all the trimmings, but I decided not to cook this year. It's only me and I always have so much food left over that ends up in small containers in the freezer until the next Thanksgiving. I will spend the morning watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, take a long walk with the dog maybe catch up on some of my Hallmark Christmas movies on the DVR.   


I purchased the plum mosaic tile glass hurricanes and  ruset frosted glass pillars especially for this table.   I love to pair purple and orange together.  






The frosted ruset glass pillars and the plum mosaic tile glass hurricanes are from the Valerie Parr Hill Collection.   I used her harvest leaf and berry candle rings and mercury glass pumpkins in the centerpiece.

The Pilgrim Pair salt and pepper shakers are from Publix Grocery many years ago.  



The gold turkey napkin rings are from SteinMart last year. 

The pumpkin place card holders are from Michael's this season. 

The Milan Luxe gold and coral goblets are by Patina Vie and were purchased at HomeGoods.   The small purple wine glasses have been in my collection for a few years. 

Overhead view of the table. 

The stack starts with a brown paisley tablecloth that I've had for several years.  The antique gold beaded rim chargers were found at Dollar Tree this past week.  I used a dusty purple dinner plate.  It's hard to photograph plates without a flash.  The color shows much better in place setting pictures above.   The leaf embossed salad plates were found at TJ Maxx. The turkey plates are from HomeGoods have been in my plate collection for several years. 


The turkey platter was my Mother's.   


The harvest glass hurricanes with harvest rings are from the Valerie Parr Hill Collection.   The garland is also a part of the collection.   I added in a gold magnolia leaf garland from the Lisa Robertson Collection.  


This table is so pretty at night.  





Happy Thanksgiving! 

Catherine


No comments:

Post a Comment