Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Yellow Bells and Daffodils

As we start the second week of Spring the yellow bell bushes and daffodils are blooming in the Southern states.   The closest I will get to daffodils are the ones that I picked up at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods this weekend.   It's impossible to find Forsythia branches, yellow bells to Southern girls here in the land of palm trees.  I used a few artificial branches along with some faux pussy willows branches in the centerpiece this week.  







Each time is see yellow bell branches I think of my Grandmother.  She had several Forsythia bushes on her farm.  

I found the silk daffodil napkin rings at a local senior handmade craft store in my hometown in North Carolina a few years ago.  



The Cambridge Silversmiths Bamboo-Style Flatware is a new purchase.  I have been eyeing it at Horchow for a while now and it was finally on sale last week.   

Overhead view.

The plate stack starts with a green and white buffalo check tablecloth from HomeGoods.   The scalloped edge white charger plates are from Michael's.  The yellow and white dinner plate is by Shabby Chic and current in store at HomeGoods.   The salad plate is by Better Homes and Gardens. 



I used a white narrow trough filled with greenery all purchased at Southern With Grace in Cartersville, GA on the server.    SWG has nice farmhouse style decor and very reasonable prices.  Each  Tuesday night at 7PM Eastern they do a live Facebook sale showing new items.  It's easy to purchase and their shipping is cheap and arrives rather quickly.  

I picked up two delft bowls filled with mini daffodils at Whole Foods this past weekend.  The field cut daffodils from Trader Joe's didn't last long. 



Catherine 

This post is linked to the following parties: 

4 comments:

  1. So pretty! Such unusual plates and love the napkin rings! The cobalt blue really sets off the daffodils!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenna. :) I love cobalt blue. It goes with just about everything!

      Delete
  2. My friend, you do have smashing plates for sure !
    Beautiful tablescape as usual.
    Hugs,
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindyu

    ReplyDelete