Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Vineyard Vines Unofficial Start of Summer

Vineyard Vines recently collaborated with Target introducing a line of clothing, accessories, home decor, pet items and tabletop.   Well, I forgot all about it until around 1 PM that Saturday so I rushed to the nearest Target.   The clothing shelves were empty, but I was pleased to find several of the tabletop items remaining and a few pet items for my dog Cooper.   I do not own any Vineyard Vines clothing, but I know many of my fellow Lilly Pulitzer lovers combine it with the Lilly brand.    Luckily I was also able to find several items on the Target website when I returned home.   The colors of the VV for Target line are very patriotic so they worked really nice on my Memorial Day table.    

The Vineyard Vines Collection. 








I used the large Whale Cutout Lantern in the center of the table. 

I used a shell ring around the lantern and added in a few lobsters that I purchased to use on napkin rings.   These were handmade in Peru out of flour paste. 


I love the whale cutout pattern. 

The Rough Seas Fabric Napkin set in navy and white along with the matching Whale Napkin Rings

I made the place cards using the patriotic Vineyard Vines whale.  

I used red glassware goblets.  I started with a cobalt goblet, but thought it was too much blue and changed to the red. 

I fell in love with the Flag Whale and Gingham flatware set. I look forward to using this on other table designs. 

Overhead view of the table. 

The plate stack starts with a VV Stars & Whales muslin swaddle blanket as the table cloth.  I used  a woven water hyacinth round metallic placement then topped it with the Vineyard Vines dinner plate.  The next plate is the Flag Whale and Gingham paper plate.  I topped the stack with the Flag Whale Appetizer plate. 


I used the Stars and Whales muslin swaddle blanket as the table cloth.  It was sold in a pack of two.  The other blanket has a light blue background with a school of white whales.  

The plate stack. 

I used a red, white and blue lanterns with shells and starfish on the server. 

I added a trawler and sailboat to the bookcases on the side of the server. The sailboat is currently available in HomeGoods. 



Target has several items available online and of course eBay is packed with loads of items, but check your local store first. 


Catherine 

11 comments:

  1. Catherine, I'm not familiar with Vineyard Vines but I'm glad you found these cute things for your tablescape. I love the patriotic whales! Your table is wonderful, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank yous so much Joy. These are my first Vineyard Vines pieces. They specialize in clothing, but collaborated with Target on this line of items along with clothing I love the flag whales too. They are perfect for any patriotic tablescape.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love your tablescape, we have similar decorating styles. I had never heard of Vineyard Vines but will definitely check it out! Love your tablecloth idea, so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth. I had heard of it, but never owned any of the clothing. I'm so happy they did this collab with Target. I'm in love with the little whale.

      Delete
  3. What a fun tablescape. That line is new to me too. Love the colors! The whales are so cute. I wish you live close, as I would be visiting or borrowing....LOL Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. It's very popular in the the Northeast coastal areas, but it growing nationwide. I wish we lived close too. It would be so much fun to have a fellow tablescaper close by to share items.

      Delete
  4. Oh Catherine, this new line is adorable and I'm so glad that you shared it with us. Definitely headed to my local Target to see what they have. That flatware with the little flag whale is just way tooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy. I had purchased several of the items and went to the car. While loading the trunk I decided to go back and get the flatware. I know I will use it on other tables throughout the year.

      Delete
  5. Very cute! I love VV I will have to plan a trip to Target!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna. I made a trip back there yesterday to see if they had any returns. Hopefully there will be items in your local Target. :)

      Delete
  6. With https://servtec.co/ by your side, you can unlock the full potential of outsourcing and propel your business towards new heights of success. Don’t let the fear of pitfalls hold you back—embrace the opportunities that outsourcing brings and watch your company thrive on a global scale.

    ReplyDelete